Nintendo has unveiled their updated Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS 2012 game lineup.
From puzzles and mysteries to fashion and photo fun, the diverse lineup of games set to arrive for the hand-held Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems during the remainder of 2012 truly has something for everyone. Nintendo today revealed launch dates for several upcoming games, including packaged games that will be available in stores as well as downloadable games and applications that consumers can purchase digitally via the Nintendo eShop. What’s more, theAug. 19 launch of the Nintendo 3DS XL system will let players enjoy their games on an even larger scale, with screens 90 percent larger than those on the original Nintendo 3DS.
Upcoming games and software for Nintendo 3DS include new installments in several of Nintendo’s fan-favorite franchises as well as great games from third-party partners. Newly dated games on the way include the following (details subject to change):
- Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! (Oct. 1) – Users of any artistic skill level can learn painting and drawing techniques that can be applied to real-life art projects, with optional, additional lessons available for purchase.* The game also lets users share and download certain game content via SpotPass.*
- Crosswords Plus (Oct. 1) – More than 1,000 professionally designed crossword puzzles will challenge players at any skill level. They can also receive and share bonus puzzles via StreetPass or connect their Nintendo 3DS to the Internet to receive free additional puzzles via SpotPass.* The game also includes other game play modes such as Wordsearch, Anagrams and the new Word of the Day.
- Sparkle Snapshots 3D (Oct. 18) – Launching exclusively in the Nintendo eShop*, this downloadable game is a fun photography application that lets you personalize your 2D photos by adding 3D layers of stickers, ribbons, pens and other effects. Users can then share creations wirelessly with friends or transfer them to an SD card and email them.
- Skylanders Giants from Activision Publishing, Inc. (Oct. 21) – Fans can look forward to more than 20 new inter-action figures to collect, including Giants that are twice the size of regular Skylanders and new LightCore Skylanders that light up both in the game and in real life when they are placed on the Portal of Power.
- Style Savvy: Trendsetters (Oct. 22) – Players can run their very own full-scale fashion shop and spark a fashion revolution by helping customers keep up with current trends, buying new clothes for their customizable store and sharing their creations with their friends online.*
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Oct. 28) – Experienced fans and newcomers to the Professor Layton series can solve dozens of fascinating puzzles as they work their way through a new mystery storyline. Players can even download one additional puzzle per day for 365 days, starting on game launch day, at no additional charge.*
- Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! (Nov. 5) – Players can create their own creatures and use them to explore a planet that they customize. Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!contains new features not found in the original downloadable title, such as dungeons to explore, enhanced creating capabilities with more parts to choose from and new special powers that can be used to further personalize the creatures. The game also features Download Play, which allows players to share the creative experience with friends who do not have a copy of the game.
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nov. 11) – Nintendo’s classic Paper Mario franchise gets a fresh 3D look in its hand-held debut. Stickers are the backbone of Mario’s newest adventure in which players use stickers found in the game to not only win battles, but to solve puzzles as well.
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion from Disney Interactive (Nov. 18) – Inspired by the classicCastle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, this game features new ways for Mickey Mouse to interact with a 3D game world using paint and paint thinner.
* – wireless Internet access required
“The wide variety of games and applications for Nintendo hand-held systems will put a smile on everyone’s face this holiday season,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Plus, with a new larger-size version of the Nintendo 3DS, consumers have even more choices. Whether you’re a seasoned gamer or just discovering Nintendo systems for the first time, you’ll have more ways to play than ever before.”
Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL users can also look forward to sharing even more of their 3D photos via the online Nintendo 3DS Photo Showcase website at http://photoshowcase.nintendo.com. Galleries filled with fun, eye-popping pictures are updated every week, highlighting the creativity of Nintendo fans and the interactive fun of Nintendo 3DS.
Remember also that Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 will launch on Oct. 7 forNintendo DS systems (also playable on Nintendo 3DS in 2D), and Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D Pro arrive exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 7 and Nov. 8, respectively. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moonwill now be available in the first half of 2013 in the Americas.
See the charts below for a partial list of upcoming games and software for hand-held Nintendo systems (details subject to change).
Publisher Title Available Activision Publishing, Inc. Angry Birds Trilogy October Activision Publishing, Inc. Bratz: Fashion Boutique October Activision Publishing, Inc. Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends October Activision Publishing, Inc. Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park October Activision Publishing, Inc. Skylanders Giants Oct. 21 Activision Publishing, Inc. TRANSFORMERS PRIME Oct. 30 Activision Publishing, Inc. The Trash Pack October Activision Publishing, Inc. Wipeout 3 October Activision Publishing, Inc. Wreck It Ralph October Aksys Games Localization, Inc. Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Oct. 23 ATLUS (Index Digital Media, Inc.) Code of Princess Oct. 9 D3Publisher Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game Nov. 20 D3Publisher Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! Fall D3Publisher Ben 10: Omniverse Fall Disney Interactive Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion Nov. 18 Disney Interactive Disney·Pixar Finding Nemo September Disney Interactive Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure September Electronic Arts FIFA 13 September GameMill Entertainment Hotel Transylvania Sept. 18 Majesco Entertainment Hello Kitty Picnic October Maximum Games 50 Classic Games October Maximum Games American Mensa Academy October Maximum Games Junior Classic Games October Maximum Games Jett Tailfin November Natsume Inc. Harvest Moon: A New Beginning Q4 Nintendo New Super Mario Bros. 2 Aug. 19 Nintendo Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! Oct. 1 Nintendo Crosswords Plus Oct. 1 Nintendo Style Savvy: Trendsetters Oct. 22 Nintendo Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask Oct. 28 Nintendo Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! Nov. 5 Nintendo Paper Mario: Sticker Star Nov. 11 SEGA Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed Nov. 20 Storm City Entertainment Chevrolet Camaro Wild Ride August Storm City Entertainment Old Skool Classics September Storm City Entertainment Word Wizard 3D September Telegames, Inc. Classic Games Overload: Card and Puzzle Edition November Ubisoft Rayman Origins Q3 Ubisoft Imagine Babyz Oct. 23 Ubisoft Imagine Fashion Life Oct. 23 Ubisoft Petz Countryside Nov. 6 Ubisoft Rabbids Rumble Holiday Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment LEGO The Lord of the Rings Fall Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Spy Hunter Fall Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Scribblenauts Unlimited Holiday XSEED Games Unchained Blades Summer
Publisher Game Available Arc System Works Vector Racing Aug. 23 Endgame Studio Fractured Soul Q3 Gamelion Speed X Q4 Konami Gradius Q4 Konami Mystical Ninja starring Goemon Q3 Nicalis Cave Story Q3 Nicalis Nightsky Q4 Nintendo Pokémon Dream Radar Oct. 7 Nintendo Sparkle Snapshots 3D Oct. 18 Nintendo Pokedex 3D Pro Nov. 8 Nintendo Fluidity: Spin Cycle Q4 Nintendo Wario Land II Q4 Nintendo Zelda II: The Adventure of Link Q4 nnooo Spirit Hunters Inc. Q4 Teyon Crazy Chicken: Pirates 3D Aug. 16 UFO Interactive Johnny Impossible Q3 XSEED Games Unchained Blades Q3
Publisher Game Available 2K Play Nickelodeon Bubble Guppies Nov. 1 2K Play Nickelodeon Dora & Team Umizoomi: Fantastic Flight Nov. 1 Activision Publishing, Inc. TRANSFORMERS PRIME Oct. 30 Activision Publishing, Inc. Bratz: Fashion Boutique October Activision Publishing, Inc. Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends October Activision Publishing, Inc. Moshi Monsters Moshlings Theme Park October Activision Publishing, Inc. The Trash Pack October Activision Publishing, Inc. Wreck It Ralph October D3Publisher Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game Nov. 20 D3Publisher Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! Fall D3Publisher Ben 10: Omniverse Fall D3Publisher Victorious: Taking the Lead Fall D3Publisher Winx Club: Magical Fairy Party Fall GameMill Entertainment Big Time Rush Nov. 6 GameMill Entertainment Hotel Transylvania Sept. 18 Little Orbit Monster High: Skultimate Roller Maze Nov. 13 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. THUNDERCATS Sept. 25 Nintendo Pokemon Black Version 2 Oct. 7 Nintendo Pokemon White Version 2 Oct. 7 Scholastic Inc. I SPY Game Pack September Scholastic Inc. Smart Games for Kids September Telegames, Inc. Puzzle Overload October Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment LEGO The Lord of the Rings Fall
Remember that Nintendo 3DS features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.