We recently had multiple conferences regarding the Wii U. I’ve summarized all the things you need to know right here in this post!
Basic: 8GB storage, HDMI cable, GamePad 299.99
Deluxe: 32GB storage, HDMI cable, GamePad, Stands, Includes NintendoLand + Deluxe Digital Promotion 349.99
Wii U supports full HD 1080p, GPU is able to perform general computing tasks (GPGPU). Main mem: 1 GB. System: 1 GB. Total: 2GB.
Games use only 1 GB of main memory. System memory is for OS. Game discs 25 GB, up to 22.5 MB/s (megabytes per second).
16:03 The Wii U consumes up to 75 watts of electricity. Typical power usage is 45 watts.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (otherwise known as Tri G) was announced for the Wii U and 3DS. It’s coming to the US this march and Europe sometime, the Wii U version has online but the 3DS version only features local-multiplayer. They feature the ability to transfer a save file between the 3DS and Wii U version of the game.
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged 007 legends, 3ds, bayonetta, bayonetta 2, black ops 2, call of duty, cod black ops 2, conference, disney epic mickey 2, gaming, launch window, lego city undercover, monolith soft, monster hunter, monster hunter 3, monster hunter 3 ultimate, mutant mudds deluxe, nano assault neo, netflix, new super mario bros, new super mario bros u, nintendo tvii, summary, the wonderful 101, warrios orochi 3 hyper, wii, wii u, wii u gamepad, wii u pro controller, xenoblade
Cheesemeister of Neogaf has translated and summarized the Japanese Wii U Hardware Nintendo Direct.
16:00 The presentation has begun! Iwata is behind a podium. This will be 20 min. Launch details. First, going over hardware details again.
16:02 Wii U supports full HD 1080p, GPU is able to perform general computing tasks (GPGPU). Main mem: 1 GB. System: 1 GB. Total: 2GB.
16:03 Games use only 1 GB of main memory. System memory is for OS. Game discs 25 GB, up to 22.5 MB/s (megabytes per second).
16:03 The Wii U consumes up to 75 watts of electricity. Typical power usage is 45 watts. Wii accessories can be used, as can Wii games.
16:04 You can import your Virtual Console and Wii Ware games from the Wii.
16:05 Reiterating the controller specifications now. Headphone jack is still on top. Why there?
16:07 You can play games, watch video on the Wii U GamePad. It features smooth, low latency.
16:08 In other words: you won’t feel any lag on the controller’s screen. Wii has sold 96m units LTD.
16:09 Over 80% of Wii systems are in living rooms, causing conflicts over TV usage.
16:10 You can do multiplayer using a GamePad and several Wii remotes. Dual-screen play possible.
16:11 On controller screen: menus, maps, communication interface. Play without the TV possible. Miiverse is the system-level social network interface. You aren’t the only one playing.
16:12 Miiverse is the system-level social network interface. You aren’t the only one playing. Wii U software will be showcased at 11 pm Japan Time tonight. Now: NSMBU and NintendoLand.
16:13 NSMBU is the 1st Mario game to launch with a Nintendo system since N64. NSMBU is the 1st Mario game to launch with a Nintendo system since N64.
16:14 NSMBU and NintendoLand to go on sale in both physical and download versions on launch day, for 5985 and 4935 yen, respectively. The Pro Controller will be 5040 yen in white and black. Chargeable with USB cable. Black vertical stand for 315 yen, GamePad charger and play stand set to be available for 1890 yen. 13,440 yen for Wii U GamePad when sold separately. Prices include tax.
16:17 Black 32GB Premium Set, White 8GB Basic Set. All sets include system, Game Pad, system and Game Pad AC adapters, and HDMI cable. Nintendo Network Premium provides points for purchases by Premium Set customers, 10% points back on digital purchases depending on the title, to be applied toward future purchases. Points can be redeemed for prepaid codes in 500 yen increments. Runs through 12/2014.
16:18 Nintendo Network Premium runs through 12/2014. Premium includes controller stands. Wii accessories to NOT be included with the Wii U. Remote + nunchuk + sensor bar set sold separately, 5250 yen.
16:19 The Wii U will be launching in Japan on Saturday, December 8th. 32GB Premium Set with Nintendo Network Premium: 31,500 yen (30,000 yen before tax). 8GB Basic Set: 26,250 yen (25,000 yen before tax). You can view a summary of differences between sets here.
There will also be a Japanese software summary soon. Stay tuned!
It seems GBA games might be coming to the eShop soon. Nintendo Australia’s website features a GBA Virtual Console logo under the list of Virtual Console platforms. The only title listed for the GBA so far is Dr. Mario. While Dr. Mario was released for the GBA, it was ported from the NES. As the 3DS has a NES Virtual Console, it could be referring to the NES game.
Even so the fact that there was a specific image made for a GBA Virtual Console gives me hope. Playing Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga as well as other great GBA games on my 3DS would be really awesome!
Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata will be hosting a Wii U focused Nintendo Direct at 4PM CEST. This is in addition to the New York presentation about the Wii U occurring this Thursday.
While we don’t know what will be discussed at this presentation, it’s reasonable to assume that we will get details on the Wii U’s release date and price. Maybe even the launch game library! No matter what it is, be sure to stay tuned here (by following us on Twitter, Facebook or using our RSS feed). for coverage of the presentation!
“Our Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview presentation is coming soon! Check back here on Thursday September 13th at 3 p.m. (UK time) to watch it live!”
Game Informer has showed a trailer for Nintendo Land attraction, Balloon Trip Breeze which I detailed in an older post. You can watch the trailer above.
Here are 5 more Nintendo facts that you might not know about it. If you haven’t read the first one, you can read it here.
1. In Metroid Prime 3, there are hidden messages from renowned game creator Shigeru Miyamoto (known for creating Mario and other franchises), Nintendo president, Satoru Iwata and a couple others if you press the right combination of buttons.
To hear Satoru Iwata’s secret message, push buttons: 2 7 5 1
Hello, this is Iwata from Nintendo.
A president has to take things really seriously, even if it doesn’t seem like it.
It’s understandable if you lose weight from stress…but I get fatter instead.
Nobody thinks I’m taking it seriously.
To hear Shigeru Miyamoto’s secret message, push buttons: 8 3 5 4
Ah, can you hear me? This is Miyamoto.
All of you playing Metroid, can you hear me?
It’s fun, isn’t it?
I’ve also worked on many [Metroid] games, but this one is the best yet, don’t you think?
Make sure to play it all the way to the end.
Posted in Opinion
- Tagged 3ds, barrel roll, gaming, global warming, halo, halo ds, hiroshi yamauchi, metroid, metroid prime 3, netscape, nintendo, nintendo facts, nintendo president, satoru iwata, shocking, shocking facts, top 5
GameInformer has released some new details on two Nintendo Land attractions; Metroid Blast and Balloon Trip Breeze.
- Metroid Blast features a 5-player mode. Wii U Game Pad controls Samus’s ship while the 4 players who use the Wii MotionPlus have to try and shoot down the ship.
- Horde mode, battle through waves of enemies with others.
- Features classic Metroid music.
- Features a lava-filled map similar to Norfair. Has a mechanical Kraid which players can grapple up to.
- Requires a Wii MotionPlus, regular Wii remotes do not appear to be supported
Balloon Trip Breeze:
- Players guide floating Miis through side-scrolling levels with obstacles, goal is to fly as far as you can.
- You can use the touch-screen on the GamePad to draw gusts of wind to move the Mii.
- The television shows the entire field while the GamePad shows a zoomed-in portion.
- Nintendo hopes the game will breed competition through Miiverse
Posted in Wii U
- Tagged balloon fight, balloon trip, balloon trip breeze, game pad, kraid, metroid, metroid blast, miis, nintendo land, norfair, wii, wii motionplus, wii remote, wii remotes, wii u, wiiu, wiiu gamepad